Hypertension is a major risk factor that contributes to more than 625,000 fatal heart attacks and strokes each year in this country alone. Left untreated, high blood pressure can also lead to kidney and heart failure. With nearly 76 million baby boomers now approaching mid-life and beyond the numbers will continue to rise.
In the U.S., one in four adults has hypertension.
- The NIH describes heart failure as a "new epidemic"
- 4.8 million CHF patients in USA
- 400,000-700,000 new cases reported each year
- 20 million Americans will discover symptoms during the next five years
- 50 million persons in America have hypertension
- Approximately 72% remain uncontrolled
- High blood pressure is a major cause of congestive heart failure and end-stage renal failure
- An estimated 10 million persons have diabetes in USA
- They are at risk for heart disease, circulatory problems, vision problems
- Blood pressure control can help reduce long-term complications.
DynaPulse believes its low-cost, easy-to-use monitors, coupled with the Internet, will expand the options for successfully treating these patients while reducing the high costs associated with invasive procedures and in-hospital care.
Groups that Benefit from Home Monitoring
DynaPulse's non-invasive, on-demand hemodynamic analysis technology is designed to work in collaboration with medical organizations, hospitals, and payers whose goals are better care and reduced costs:
- Independent Practice Associations (IPAs)
- Multispecialty Medical Groups
- Subspecialty Medical Groups
- Managed Care Organizations
- Insurance Payers
- Home Health Care Agencies
- Disease State Management Companies
- Hospital Systems
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinics
- Physician Management Companies